Last Updated and Effective as of: October 16, 2018
We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your information. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by our websites including: www.AnnaKarinBjorklund.com www.DreamGuidance.net www.DreamFlowYoga.com and www.DreamAffirmations.com
Your provision of your personal information to us is voluntary. “Personal information” is information that can specifically identify you. We do not collect personal information unless you submit that information to us. Categories of personal information we may collect include:
- Identity Data: which includes name or other similar identifiers.
- Contact Data: which includes address, email address and telephone numbers.
Additionally, we may also collect certain others types of information that, along with Identity Data and Contact Data, may be considered and specifically named “personal data” in certain jurisdictions, including the European Union (“EU”), such as:
- Financial Data: which includes credit card, debit card or other payment card details. We request information from you to book a session. To purchase a session from us, you need to provide contact information (like name and address) and financial information (like credit card number, expiration date). We transfer you to Paypal for all credit card transactions. Paypal is a credit card processing company which bills users for goods and services.
- Transaction Data: which includes details about payments to and from you.
- Technical Data: which includes internet protocol (IP) address, location data, your login data, and device and browser information.
- Profile Data: which includes your username and password, avatar (if you upload one) and other information you share with us on our websites.
- Usage Data: which includes information about how you use our websites
- Marketing and Communications Data: which includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us.
- Lifestyle / Intake Data: which includes data pertaining to your life coaching goals. This information is optional, and not required. It is never shared with third parties.
Please see the section “Additional EU Disclosures” below if you are situated in the EU. This section pertains to the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data, and additional rights that you have under this law.
We use “cookies” on this site. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor’s hard drive to help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our site.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
We use information held about you to perform our services and for other purposes outlined below. Specifically, we use your information for a variety of purposes:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- To perform specific services that you have requested.
To respond to your direct inquiries.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- To send marketing materials (see below)
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- To use certain services on our website, payment card information may be requested. We may ask you for credit card, debit card, or other payment information. By submitting your payment information through our websites, to the extent permitted by applicable law, you expressly consent to the sharing of your information with third-party payment processors, and other third-party service providers.
- Third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets.
- Third parties to whom we need to share your information to investigate suspected fraud, harassment or other violations of any law, rule or regulation, or the policies for the website.
CONTROL OF INFORMATION
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
- See what data we have about you, if any
- Change / correct data we have about you
- Have us delete any data we have about you
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data
We take precautions to protect your information. We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent information about you from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed; however, due to the inherent open nature of the Internet, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information provided online. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data breach that will affect you and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
We will only retain your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
ADDITIONAL EU DISCLOSURES
OUR ROLE AS DATA CONTROLLER AND DATA PROCESSOR
Anna-Karin Bjorklund M.A. generally acts as the data controller of your information submitted through our website. If you are situated in the EU and have any complaints regarding our privacy practices as data controller, you have the right to make a complaint at any time to your local Supervisory Authority. We would appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach your Supervisory Authority so please contact us in the first instance. Please see our contact details below in the section titled “Contact Us”. If you are situated in the EU and have a complaint, please contact our privacy manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
LEGAL BASIS FOR OUR PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us at email@example.com and we will notify you, and explain the legal basis which allows us to do so. Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA FROM THIRD PARTY SOURCES
We also collect personal data about you from various third parties and public sources.
- If you register for our services using Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or other social media sites, we will import your information from those social media sites.
WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT
You have the right to withdraw your consent to hold your personal data at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR MARKETING PURPOSES
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising:
- You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or used our services and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
- Third-party marketing: We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any company outside our company for marketing purposes.
- To see how you can opt out of marketing communications, please see the section titled “Opt-Out / Unsubscribe” found at the bottom of all of our email communications.
RIGHTS OF EU DATA
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms.
- You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent.
- If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We aim to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. If it takes longer, we will notify you.
To exercise your rights, please contact us at email@example.com
OPTING OUT / UNSUBSCRIBE
To unsubscribe / opt-out of any future marketing messages from us, you should send an unsubscribe request to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not want your personal information or personal data shared with any third party then you may opt-out by sending an email to email@example.com
We will process your request within a reasonable time after receipt. Please note that if you opt out in this manner, certain aspects of the websites may no longer be available to you.
If you want to stop or restrict the placement of cookies or delete any cookies that may already be on your computer or device, please refer to and adjust your web browser preferences. By deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our websites, and functionality may be affected.
DATA RELATING TO CHILDREN
Our websites are designed for people 18 years of age and older. We do not knowingly collect information from anyone under the age of 18 (or such other age as may be restricted under local law). If we are made aware that we have received such information, or any information in violation of our policy, we will use reasonable efforts to locate and remove that information from our records.
If you are a California resident this section applies to you. Under California Law, California residents have the right to request in writing from businesses with whom they have an established business relationship:
(a) a list of the categories of personally identifiable information, such as name, email address and mailing address and the type of services provided to the customer that a business has disclosed to third parties
(b) the names and addresses of all such third parties. To request the above information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not want your personally identifying information shared with any third party who may use such information for direct marketing purposes, then you may opt out of such disclosures by sending an email to us email@example.com